House / villa Douvaine 1,420 m²
A singular story
The Castle of Troches, with its strong history and its Savoyard-type architecture, is known and recognized in the region. This Castle finds its foundations in the 13th century. It was the noble family of Troches who resided there from the beginning of the century with Guillaume of Troches, prior of Nyon, then Peillonnex in 1286.
In the middle of the 14th century, the Castle became the property of the Ternier family who ceded it in 1341 to Amédée III of Geneva and then in 1445 to Amédée VIII, Duke of Savoy. It was later sold to Antoine Passerat, in whose favor the estate was set up as a barony in 1682. The Château then passed into the hands of several owners, who carried out numerous works. It was in 1854 that Charles-Félix Trédicini of Saint-Séverin became the owner by inheritance.
Enjoy an exceptional setting
Back to the 13th century
Built in the heart of a 6 hectare park, this so-called "plain" Castle has evolved over the years. It offers a total area of 1,419 sqm with an additional area of 469 sqm.
A central fountain opens onto an entrance lined with armor and numerous reception rooms with high-end materials. The park offers a beautiful swimming pool and a tennis court.
The splendor of yesteryear
The Castle rises over 3 levels with lift. On the ground floor, there is a beautiful billiard room open to the outside as well as several lounges and kitchens with a large wine cellar.
The first floor has a large library in precious wood, 10 bedrooms with beautiful marble bathrooms and several games rooms. The 2nd and 3rd floors offer numerous bedrooms and attics.
A magnificent spirits cellar completes this property
A historic monument in the heart of Haute-Savoie
With a 6 ha park, nearly 1900 sqm of surface area, 17 rooms, and more than 700 years of history, the Château de Troches has become, over the years, one of the monuments of the city of Douvaine.> Discover all our exceptional properties